UK’s leading short film and animation festival, Encounters Festival’s 2016 submissions period is now OPEN. The festival discovers, supports and develops new talent in filmmaking, providing a platform and meeting place for emerging and established filmmakers from around the world.
Encounters Festival presents one of the world’s leading International Competitions for short film and animation, and is also a gateway to the world’s most prestigious awards: The Oscars®, BAFTAs, European Film Awards and Cartoon d’Or.
The festival will be held at Bristol Uk, between September 20-25 2016. The festival’s two main venues are on Bristol’s harbourside: Watershed and Arnolfini.
Below you can find the submissions’ terms & conditions. Please read The full T & CS before submitting your film.
- Submissions are open to short films from every genre including animation, documentary, drama, experimental, music or artist film.
- Films must have been completed after January, 1 2015.
- Films must be no longer than 30 minutes including credits.
- Encounters Festival does not require any premiere status.
- If the original language of dialogue in the film is not English, the preview and screening copy must be subtitled in English.
- All films must be available in 35mm print or DCP file for screening at the festival. The Festival can create a DCP file for you from a Pro-Res file for a fee.
Films completed in 2015 – Monday, February 29, 2016
Films completed in 2016 – Monday, May 2, 2016
UK Students only – Monday, June 2, 2016
How to Submit
Submit through the online submissions service Reelport. Register all of your film details with Reexport to be able to submit it to lots of wonderful festivals – including Encounters.
Load your account with money. Encounters charges 25 Euros for each submission. Your Reelport account must have the relevant value of credits (‘reels’) in order to complete the submission process. Multiple entry discounts are available.
There are loads of festivals to submit to on Reelport; look for the Encounters logo and make that your first port of call, you will need to either select for Short Film (Green button) or Animation (Red button.) Make sure your film is entered into the correct categories to maximise its award winning potential.
When you submit, you will receive a confirmation email from Reelport (remember to check your junk folder). Once you get this, put your feet up and relax, no further action is necessary!
For more information, contact Encounters Festival at +44 (0)117 929 9188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.