Okayafrica is looking for the brightest writers/bloggers in the NYC area to join its editorial team. To apply for Okayafrica’s editorial internship, send three writing samples, a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The intern program is an intensive immersion into the world of online publishing and cultural journalism and will most benefit those planning a career in media. You will participate in everything from editorial planning and reporting to image research and assisting on multimedia shoots.
In your cover letter, please talk about your connection to the continent and what you hope to gain from the internship.
- You must be NYC-based and able to commute to our Brooklyn office.
- You must have a strong writing background and the clips to prove it.’
- Blogging and social media experience is a plus.
- This position is specifically aimed at people with an interest in new music, art, politics and culture from around Africa and the diaspora.
- The internship is unpaid but college credit is available.
To apply, email email@example.com with a resume, cover letter and writing examples.