Deadline: Jan. 31, 2017.
Apply for this year’s Realness pan-African scriptwriting residency. Realness allows African filmmakers to hone and develop their scriptwriting skills. Also, it seeks to address the need for promising African film projects that can compete in global film markets. Urucu Media, in partnership with Nirox Foundation, Durban Filmmart, Torino Film Lab, World Cinema Fund, among others created the Realness residency.
To apply, submit a pdf document that includes the following:
- a one-page essay about your motivation to participate in the Realness residency
- a one-page synopsis of the proposed feature project
- a six-page treatment of the proposed feature project
- a draft of the screenplay
- a one-page note of your intention
- a one-paragraph biography
- and two samples of any previous work on Vimeo.
Consequently, should you be selected, you will be required to donate one copy of your previous work to the Nirox film library. Your submitted material must be in English. However, the committee will accept screenplays written in French or Portuguese, with all supporting documents in English.
Realness committee will read entries and conduct interviews in April. Also, it will announce the 2017 Realness residents at an event hosted by the pavilion Les Cinemas du Monde in Cannes 2017.
Finally, download the application form and submit all documents to email@example.com.